Do you love playing basketball in your driveway or an outdoor yard? Do you have kids who dream of becoming a basketball star in the future? Then a lifetime 1558 could be the right choice for you within a limited budget. School going kids, a beginner basketball player, seasonal player, and even an adult can enjoy playing basketball with this hoop. As there are several numbers of basketball hoops available in the market for sale so it can be hard for you to choose the right one. In this article, I will try to give details about this product, including features, specifications, pros & cons, and much more. So without further ado, let’s dig more deeply about this product.
- Action Grip adjustment mechanism easily adjusts with just one hand
- Shatterproof polycarbonate backboard playing surface gives you the look and play of pro style...
- Heavy duty classically styled rim is built to take a slam
- Frame is powder coated with a rust resistant finish to withstand the harshest elements
Last update on 2021-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
For more Details about Basketball Legend Kobe Bryant dies in the Helicopter Crash!
Lifetime 1558 Specifications
- The model number is 1558
- The size of the backboard is 52 inches (132.08 cm)
- Powder-coated frame
- Action grip height-adjustment system
- The thickness of the surface is 0.11 inches (3 mm)
- Polycarbonate backboard with steel-framed shatterproof
- You can adjust the height from 7.5 feet to 10 feet
- The longest height of the backboard is 148 (375,9 cm) on the other hand, the lowest is 118 inches (299 cm)
- The base size is 35, and you will need to fill it up with water or sand whenever you play
- The dimension of the base is 49 x 32.7 x 9 inches (124.4 x 83.0 x 22.8 cm)
- The size of the pole is 3.5 inches or 8.89 cm in round
- Five years of the limited warranty
- This item is only available for shipping in the United States
- Easy installation process
- Stable and sturdy
- Easily transportable
- The height adjustment system is quite easy.
- Five years of warranty will make you tension free while purchasing this hoop
- You can set it up to any large driveway
- Slum it rims will exert enough resistance for dunks
- Powder-coated steel will keep the parts away from rust
- Good customer service
- Some of the users might face difficulty when assembling
- The backboard made of plastic
- Might be a little bit shaky when playing
- Some customers reported that few parts missing during delivery
Key features I like most
Easy assembling process
The assembling process is straightforward when someone will assist you. It might take a bit of time, but if you follow the instructions, then you can do this on your own. And you don’t require any professional help for this.
Height adjustment method
For this basketball hoop, adjusting the height is super easy. Anybody even a young child can adjust it with one hand as needed. Kids can learn to play basketball with this hoop, and even professionals can enjoy playing with this hoop.
From the customer reviews, I have seen many of them said about the long-lasting features of this basketball hoop. They have been using it over a longer time and still satisfied. So there's no question about the durability.
Well, the pool will be exceedingly heavy when you fill the base with water or sand. Otherwise, this basketball hoop is easily portable to any place as it contains two wheels. Finish your game, remove the sand or water from the base, and move it to your suitable location.
The price is quite reasonable compared to other basketball hoops. This hoop could be a good one for an amateur.
Powder-coated steel makes this basketball hoop rust-free. Therefore, you can play with this hoop for a long time.
What can make this basketball hoop better?
The three-piece support system may wobble during the game. One or two-piece support system can make it more stable.
Although most of the hoops have a 35-gallon base, it would be better if it will increase to 40 gallons.
Is this basketball hoop safe for adults and kids?
It is. This product is suitable for both.
What is the difference between model 1558 and model 71286?
Well, “model 1558” has an action-grip height adjustment mechanism, and on the other hand, “model 71286” has a power lift height adjustment mechanism. The rest of the features are quite similar.
Can I keep it in my garage or storeroom during the offseason?
If the ceiling of your storeroom or garage is over 7.5 feet higher, then you can keep the basketball hoop to your garage or storeroom.
What materials used for the backboard?
Is it difficult to move this portable basketball hoop?
Not really, you can move it with no trouble when the base is empty.
Budget friendly and family basketball system
We always have the intention to save some penny while purchasing any item. This Lifetime 1558 portable basketball hoop has almost all the standard features available. And if you compare the price with other basketball systems, then this one would be a better choice. Young fellows who are pursuing a dream of becoming a basketball player in the future may consider this basketball hoop. They can enjoy playing at any season and improve their skills. Even the professionals can have this one too to warm up before a game or use it in the practice session.
To me, it is more of a family basketball hoop. From kids to adults, all can enjoy playing with this basketball hoop. Weather-resistant features make this system more stable for using it over a long period.
If you live in a frostier part of this earth (like from Nordic or Scandinavian countries), then better use sand to fill up the base instead of water.
Lifetime 1558 is giving the customers exactly what they expect from a basketball system at a reasonable price. As it is durable and not overpriced, so I can recommend it. This system is for you if you are a budget-conscious person.