Josef Straka is usually known as Sepp Straka, an Australian Professional Golf player born on 1st May 1993 in Vienna, Austria. But at present, he lives in Athens, Georgia, in the United States. Straka is now 26 years old. Sepp completed graduation in Business Management from the University of Georgia in 2016. After completing graduation, he became a professional golfer in 2016. When he was in college, he played golf for the college from 2011 to 2016. Sepp Straka has a twin brother named Sam, who also played for the University of Georgia college team.
Click to get the details Biography and Lifestyle of Talor Gooch.
Straka's father is an American, and his mother is Australian. Though Josef was born in Australia, his family shifted to the United States when Sepp was 14 years.
- Sepp Straka's height is 6'3" (1.91 m), and weight is 235 pounds (107 kg).
- Sepp's favourite quote for life is- "Speech is silver, but silence is golden."
- Sepp Straka is a big fan of the University of Georgia football team.
Career: Sepp Straka started playing golf professionally from 2016. And in his whole professional career, he won one Korn Ferry Tour in 2018. Straka joined to the Korn Ferry Tour in 2017 and PGA Tour in 2019. He played a total of 96 events till now and missed 46 cuts in total. He played many tournaments as an amateur.
In 2011, Sepp played on European Boys Team Championship, which he finished at the second position and Southeastern Amateur, which he also completed in the second position.
In 2012, Straka again participated in the Southeastern Amateur, and this time he finished the tournament in the third position.
In 2015, he participated in the U.S. Amateur but didn't play well.
Season 2016: This season, Josef played 6 Mackenzie Tour – Canada events where he missed five cuts and finished the Cape Breton Open at T10.
Season 2017: In 2017, Seep started playing on the Korn Ferry Tour and played 25 Korn Ferry Tour, where he missed eight cuts and finished five events at the top 25.
El Bosque Mexico Championship by Innova: In the El Bosque Mexico Championship, Straka showed his best performance over this year and finished the tour at the seventh position.
- Air Capital Classic Supporting Wichita's Youth: He earned 268 points in four rounds and finished the match at T11.
- Utah Championship presented by Zions Bank: He finished it at T19.
- LECOM Health Challenge: Another event this year that Sepp finished at the top 25 (T24).
- Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft Nabisco: Finished at T25.
Season 2018: This year Sepp played 26 Korn Ferry Tour events in which he missed ten cuts and won his career's first Korn Ferry Tournaments.
- KC Golf Classic: Sepp Straka won the KC Golf Classic against Kyle Jones and gained 262 points (64-65-64-69) in four rounds.
- Web.com Tour Championship: Finished it at T3 and earned the PGA Tour card for the 2019 season. He was the first Australian golfer who gained the PGA Tour card.
- WinCo Foods Portland Open presented by Kraft-Heinz: Finished at T16 and gained 276 points.
Season 2019: Sepp played on the PGA Tour for the first time and played 25 PGA Tour events where he missed 12 cuts and finished one game in the third position. He also played one Korn Ferry Tour, where he missed the cut. This year Sepp also played on his first major championships (the U.S. Championship), which he finished at T28. Josef ended this season, holding the rank no. 107 in the FedEx Cup and keep the PGA Tour card for 2020 season.
- Barbasol Championship: Sepp played on the semi-final of the Barbasol Championship and finished at T3.
- Rocket Mortgage Classic: He finished the Rocket Mortgage Classic at T11.
- Farmers Insurance Open: He finished this match at T13 and gained 277 points (69-67-71-70).
- Puerto Rico Open: Finished at T16.
Sepp Straka only played on the U.S. Open Championship in 2019 and finished the tournament at T28. He didn't play the other three major championships. In his whole career, he earned a total of $1,513,866 till now. Sepp's current OWGR (Official World Golf Ranking) position is 205.